Do you have a friend or neighbor who has been quietly working away on a creative pursuit for years but not had the chance, resources, or opportunity to really shine? Harvester Arts and Fisch Haus are teaming up once again for the Neighborhood Superstar Award. Our two organizations can provide exhibition and work space, promotional and marketing platforms, assistance and support, and a $1000 equipment purchase award. In addition, the recipient will receive a scholarship to participate in Harvester Art’s professional development program Artist INC launching this summer.
The Neighborhood Superstar program is specifically intended to benefit an individual who may not have had access or pursued these sorts of resources in the past. The award is meant to assist with realizing the creative project (of any discipline) of someone working in our local Wichita community.
We are seeking nominations for individuals that you believe deserve this honor! There are several ways to nominate:
- Fill out our online form with a name, contact info, and a short (1-2 sentence) explanation of why this person is your Neighborhood Superstar.
- Email us at email@example.com with the above info.
- PM your nomination to Fisch Haus or Harvester Arts on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- Mail a postcard with the nomination info to Fisch Haus, 524 S. Commerce, Wichita, KS, 67202.
- For any non-online form nominations, please include your name and contact information as well, in case we have any trouble getting ahold of your superstar.
Nominees will be contacted and invited to complete an application. The winner will be announced at the end of May.
2018 NEIGHBORHOOD SUPERSTAR
Nominations accepted: April 1-15
Nominees contacted: April 16-22
Nominees to submit applications: April 23- May 21
Awardee announced: June 1